CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

DC Trip LOTS OF PICTURES



So we went with Zack on his 8th grade field trip to Washington DC. We decided to make it a family weekend. Henry and I took off work and took Dylan out of school and off we went. This first photo is Henry and Dylan standing outside of the Smithsonian and the statue of a man named Jacob Henry....






This of course if our capitol. I have to say I was there when I was 11 but I must say as I get older it is very surreal standing in areas where you know the March on Washington took place, and things of that nature took place







This is the Washington Monument. I found out the hard way that you must at least get tickets to go up in it 2 weeks ahead. You can arrive that morining at 6am.. That being if anyone cancels and you could be lucky enough to get that ticket. WHATEVER.... When we go next spring or whenever I will go online as the woman said I could and get tickets.
So did anyone see the movie "Night at the Museum"? Well do you remember the part where the statue says "Hey dumb dumb give me gum gum..." Well here he is....





Henry loves poofer fish and here is one. We tried to get him to blow up but no luck. He was cute in a strange way all but the hook for a tooth in the front....



So this parona kept trying to attack Henry's finger. IT was rather funny watching it attack the glass and try to eat him.....












So Henry is here posing next to this old airplane engine. So does he look like Vanna and the letters or what??So here is me and my guy in front of the capitol. It was very windy. that afternoon but a nice dayThis is Zack's 8th grade class. What a bunch of goofy kids OH our future. Not all where there......So there is Zack next to his friends. He had something in his eye. .......
So this was so funny as the wind wipped through I had the boys stand in front of this waterfall outside the American Indian Museum. The wind blew water all over them. Their faces were priceless.....This is the Enterprise CVN 65 my sweetie worked on this boat when he worked at the shipyard in the Air and Space museum there was an exhibit of a mock boat, that we walked on. He got a big kick out of that.So I thought these 2 pictures of the monument were very cool.........So this is the one thing I wanted to see. I am a history buff and this just sent a chill through me. I don't really know why. .On one wall is the Gettysburg address and the other another speech he did but I wasn't sure which one. I took over 500 photos so I just picked some. There were some from the zoo that I am gonna post a blog about.

So these are from the Vietnam War Memorial. Enough said........................

2 comments:

The Busy Blaine's said...

So glad you all had a great time. the pictures are so good!!!! I love ya!

Thresa said...

They go in the 5th grade around here. Mike and I are fighting over who gets to go with Jared :) Not like we don't have 2 more chances after that!